For Immediate Release
Contact: Gigi Thompson Jarvis, CAE
Washington, DC, (December 18, 2015) The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) has announced the results of its election for available positions on the 2016-2017 Board of Directors. These leaders will be sworn in at a ceremony held at the Hyatt Regency in Arlington, VA, on May 6, 2016.
NAEA’s new president-elect is Jim Adelman, EA, of Tax and Financial Services, LLP in Tulsa, OK and the new secretary/treasurer is Timothy Dilworth, EA, CPA, of Alpine Tax and Accounting, PLLC in Kalispell and Flathead Valley, MT. The directors who will be installed are as follows:
- Michael Fioritto, EA, CPA, owner of Fioritto’s Accounting and Tax Services in Oregon, Ohio
- Jerry Gaddis, EA, founder and CEO of Tropical Tax Solutions in the Florida Keys
- Patricia Kappen, EA, of San Juan Financial in San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Melissa Longmuir, EA, of Centinel Tax Consulting, Inc. in Bellevue, WA
- Jean Nelsen, EA, an enrolled agent based in San Francisco
- Jeffrey Schneider, EA, principal in SFS Tax and Accounting Services in Port St. Lucie, FL
NAEA’s leadership holds the enrolled agent license, the highest credential issued by the IRS. In order to hold the license they were required to pass a background check and a stringent three-part exam on individual taxation, taxation of businesses and partnerships, and representation of taxpayers in trouble before the IRS. To maintain the license, they must complete annual continuing education. Enrolled agents (“EAs”) are America’s tax experts®, the only federally licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights of representation before the IRS.
The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) is the professional society that powers America’s Tax Experts®.